Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions Policy
Welcome to the halorescuefl.org website (the "Site"). By accessing this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (the "Terms"). If you do not agree to all of the Terms, please do not use the Site. Halorescuefl.org may from time to time modify or revise the Terms by updating this Web page. Your use of our Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms as changed. If any change is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate your use of the Site.
HALO has a no refund policy. All sales and donations are final. There are no refunds.
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected
both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.